Monday, January 21, 2008

Wine recommendation...




Tonight I opened a bottle of wine that has been sitting around for a long time. I actually considered walking over to my neighbors' to see if they wanted to trade it (I love the avenues. I could literally stand outside and say loudly, "Wine please!! Wine? And soon I would have a bottle in my hand, maybe a couple, from different sources. no questions asked, no weirdness, nothing--it's the aves. I love you, the avenues.)--it's just been sitting here in the rack so long it seems like it couldn't be special--I felt like it would taste like the wall. At the last minute, instead of taking it next door, I decided to just open it, and I'm glad I did.

It may be the most perfect red inexpensive wine I have tasted. I think it was about 5 bucks on sale. (The most perfect inexpensive white wine I have tasted is Ste. Chapelle's Reisling.) It's a Chilean cabernet sauvignon, Santa Carolina, Coleccion Especial, 2003.

No comments: