Thursday, January 3, 2008

Recommended occultish viewing...

I've recently watched a couple really great films with occult type themes that I highly recommend; both are available at Netflix without a wait.




I can't believe I waited so long to see it. I don't even know what to say other than it is one of the most amazing things that has ever been conceived of or filmed. It's like a cross between Last Temptation of Christ, Kill Bill, Pink Flamingos, Sleeper, Fitzcaraldo, and Laugh-In. I cannot imagine how anyone could feel ambivalent about it; it seems to be one of those love it or loathe it films. I loved it.




This is one of the most aesthetically appealing movies I have seen in a long time, on par visually with Sky Captain, Sin City, Brazil, Metropolis and the like. The storyline is interesting and watchable--a mutant, genetically engineered race gone wrong vs. a struggling human population--but it's the visuals that make the film. Altogether lovely.

No comments: